It still seems surreal as I type this– I was exposed to COVID. As soon as I learned that I was in close contact with someone who had COVID, who wasn’t aware that they had been exposed until it was too late, I did two things. First– I scheduled myself a COVID test through my healthcare provider (more on that in a bit). Second– I grabbed some essentials and locked myself away to limit exposure from those I live with.

Due to this year, I have been actively working on my room, and making it as cozy and nice as possible (aka without breaking the bank). This worked in my favor because being stuck in my room would have been much more miserable if I had not made it enjoyable to be in. Since we are in the middle of the holiday season I had already put in some Christmas decorations, which TBH has been good for my mental state. When I got the call that I could possible have COVID I grabbed (with a gloves on) these items:

  • the Keurig from the kitchen
  • various snacks that did not require cooking or refrigeration
  • things to keep me entertained
  • my large Brita from the fridge
  • reusable cups
  • trash bags
  • extra supplies for my bathroom (tp, Kleenex, towels, ect.)
  • a large reusable bottle

As soon as I grabbed these things and put myself in lockdown, I called those who I lived with and filled them in on what was happening. They agreed to not touch my bedroom door or my bathroom door, and to contact me through texts and phone calls only. I also encouraged them to go get tested as well.

Speaking of testing, I went to go get tested the day after I heard the news. I impatiently waited two days for my results and when they finally came in…I was extremely annoyed. I got an inconclusive result. INCONCLUSIVE. They can’t tell if I have it or don’t have it. This was extremely frustrating. I have another test scheduled, and hopefully I will get a negative result.

So here I sit five days in, watching lots of Christmas movies from various streaming services, and trying to remain calm. I am taking lots of vitamins, resting, and trying not to get bored or anxious. I will be completely honest– it sucks. It is Christmas, and I had many plans with my boyfriend to do several Christmasy at-home dates, but we can’t do any of that now (at least for the time being). On the upside I am very fortunate that I have no symptoms, and I am able to be very isolated from others. If you want a more detailed post about the specifics of what I have or how I set up my room, leave me a comment down below. It’s been a very interesting transition, and if I can help any of you out there who do not have anyone to rely on right now for food (like myself), I would be so happy to share with you what I have done.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s