When Fall rolls around I love to switch up my dishes in the kitchen. I like to add pumpkin, squash, and more hearty meals to my weekly line-up. One of my all time favorites is this pumpkin risotto. I love making risotto all year long, but there is something so cozy about this Fall version. Not only is this super filling, it’s actually pretty easy to make!
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Add butter to a large pan on medium-high heat. Once butter is melted add diced onions. Stir frequently to prevent onions from sticking. Once the onions are translucent, add in the rice. Cook for about 3 minuets or until rice has a white dot in the center.
- Add in the white wine and cook until reduced.
- Slowly add in vegetable broth about a cup at a time. Stir the rice slowly and constantly. Once the liquid is absorbed add in another cup of broth. Continue until the all the broth has been added and fully absorbed.
- Add spices, pumpkin puree, and parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and mixed in.
- I like to add in some petite green peas at the end. This is optional, but I think it adds a nice flavor and texture to the dish.
What kind of dishes do you like to make when the weather starts to cool down? I’m always on the look out for new recipes to try!