I have been on a big Mexican food kick lately and these are my go-to chicken tacos. Not only are they delicious (and a little spicy) but they are super easy to make!
- one jar of chipotle roasted peppers
- 2 large or 3 medium sized chicken breasts
- either 1/2 can of diced tomatoes OR a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- corn tortillas (or whichever taco shells you like)
- cheese of choice to garnish (optional)
- cilantro and diced onion to garnish (optional)
HOW TO MAKE:
- put everything in the crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours or until chicken is soft enough to shred.
- Once chicken is ready, turn the crock pot to low and remove chicken.
- On a plate (or cutting board) take two forks and shred the chicken. It should be very easy, if not the chicken needs to cook longer.
- once shredded, put chicken back in the crock pot and stir. Let cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve in your choice of taco shell and garnish!
I love making these! They are super easy and great to make when there are a million things on your to-do list. I hop you try them out and if you do let me know how you liked them!